How to repair a car yourself is a section that describes everything that is involved in repairing a car, engine, units, mechanisms and systems.
To learn how to repair a car, you need to learn how to repair units and mechanisms of the car, where the sequence of necessary repairs is clearly and alternately scheduled. Operation of the car over time leads to the wear and tear of its units and mechanisms. It contributes to the rapid wear and tear of vehicle parts: improper use of the vehicle, operation of the vehicle in elevated modes, driving on bad roads, improper maintenance of the vehicle and aggressive manner of driving.
VEHICLE REPAIR CAN BE DIVIDED INTO SEVERAL PARTS:
Repair of the undercarriage of the vehicle
The undercarriage is the most susceptible to wear and tear and breakdowns due to poor road surfaces. All shocks and forces are transferred to the undercarriage of the vehicle. Any failure of the chassis can lead to an accident on the road.
- Replacing the shock-absorber support – if you try to draw the suspension in the simplest version, it will consist of the two main parts of the shock absorber and the spring, which together is called the support.
In a simplified form, the suspension of a car can be represented as two main parts that interact with each other. They are called a spring and shock absorber, and together they are called a damping column. But the shock absorber itself is often called a rack. The strut, in fact, is a hydraulic two-way damper. It can counteract loads such as compression and stretching.
The rack is simple: a piston is inserted into the cylinder, and the free space from metal takes up liquid. It is also easy to break down: when the tightness is broken, the amount of liquid decreases and the ability to dampen spring vibrations falls. Visually it is possible to define its working capacity. If the body is wet, covered with liquid, it probably means that it will have to be replaced soon. You can also check this by pushing the hood or boot lid from above with your hands and pressing the car down with your weight. After that, let go sharply. If the car takes its original position immediately, then everything is fine.
- Replacing the silent blocks – a silent block is a part of the chassis of the car, which serves to solve the problems of vibration isolation. Silent block consists of internal and external precision bushings, inextricably connected with rubber. Silent blocks have the property of wear and tear. In this article we will learn how to replace silent blocks with our own hands.
- How to repair a rack – there are two ways to either replace a rack or correct a damaged rack. Practical tips on how to repair a car rack. Modern cars are equipped with disassembly shock-absorption systems, which can not be said about domestic cars, where there are repairable parts.
- How to assemble the wheels itself – most car enthusiasts believe that it is not relevant to assemble the wheels itself: it is indeed so, because on each section of the road there is a tire service. But life is an unpredictable thing, so let’s look at how to assemble the wheels yourself.
Repair of the car engine
The quality of engine repair depends on many factors, the main of which are: trained specialists, engine diagnosis, quality equipment and spare parts.
- 2.0. Major repair of the engine of the car – the engine of the car has its own resource of work and through a certain period of mileage there comes a time when the engine appears various noises, knocks, increases oil consumption, from the exhaust pipe goes blue smoke and the engine as a whole is unstable. Here you will learn how to determine the condition of the engine and how to overhaul the engine yourself.
- 2.1 Repair of a cylinder head is the procedure for performing repair work on a car cylinder head. The main methods of disassembly and assembly work. Equipment and tools for cylinder head repair .
- 2.2 Replacement of sleeves and parts of the engine connecting rod and piston group – how to replace the sleeves and parts of the connecting rod and piston group with their own hands, the basis and methods of disassembly and assembly work, completing parts when replacing the engine connecting rod and piston group.
- 2.3 How to change the piston rings in the engine of a vehicle – piston rings provide a tight seal between the cylinder liner and piston, and also remove heat from the piston head and prevent lubricant oil from entering the combustion chamber. A set of piston rings consists of several compression rings, usually two and one oil ring.